NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS for locations for this year’s album tribute (Thriller!). The location should be no more than 1 hour drive from Los Angeles, no longer than a 2 mile hike roundtrip, big enough for at least 150 people, and preferably unique and inspirational in some way. Extra bonus if the location relates to the tribute artist or album in some way. I’d like to choose a new place, but feel free to nominate a location we’ve already been to if you loved it that much. Please send your nominations (along with photos/details if you have them) to email@example.com by August 31st, 2013 or comment on this post. Date requests (in October or November) can also be made at this time.
Archive for Uncategorized
- We rented out the entire campground in a 625 acre park. The entire event will take place in the amphitheater and adjacent campground area which is about 1/4 mile from the parking lot. Gear drop offs can be arranged.
- The Setting: A spectacular landscape of boulder outcroppings, valley vistas, and shady oak trees.
- 20+ bands performing songs from Tusk and Rumours (Noon – 2:30pm). The song assignments can be found HERE.
- A full set by the Get Down Boys at 11am (right before the album tribute).
- Full sets by Dorian Wood, Mad Gregs, One Trick Pony, Matt Van Winkle, and Kitchen Hips (3-6pm)
- Theatrical performances, campfires, art exhibits, food/drink tastings, and other “micro-events” into the night
- A late night “Bonus Hour” party during the daylight savings time clock setting hour (2am- 2am)
- Food trucks! So far we have Deano’s Deli serving hoagies and other sandwiches. Stay tuned for more info! Lagunitas Brewing Company is sponsoring the event as well!
What you should do NOW?
- Mark your calendar
- Book your camping spot if you’d like to camp. And donate or buy the compilation CD HERE to help us fundraise for this FREE event.
- RSVP on Facebook
- Coordinate carpooling with friends!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to help out with anything, or if you’d like to host your own “micro-event”.
- If you are a band or artist (or know of a band or artist) who did not get their submission in by the deadline but you still want to perform, email us at email@example.com. We may have other opportunities for you.
I have some exciting news about the Natural Stage Project’s Fall Festival and Tribute to Fleetwood Mac.
1.) The Lineup will include the following bands: Tommy Santee Klaws, Mad Gregs, Dorian Wood, Many Distant Cities, Bunnies & Kitties, Chris Colthart (of Gold Paint), Fort King, Michael Quinn, Adrianne Nigg, Avolcano (formerly Ghiant), Dibs, The Receptionists, Homesick Elephant, The Eager Seaver, Brandon Schott, The Old Round, Ukulady & Ukulad, and One High Five. (the order and details will be announced in the next week.)
2.) Campsite reservations will begin shortly! Each site is $20 per night. Sites fit up to 4-5 smallish tents, and sites must be rented for both nights. Site fee does not include the $5/car per day parking fee. We recommend you talk to friends and get a camping and carpooling group together! It will make things extra cheap AND extra fun.
- Campground amenities: Portopotties, running water, charcoal grilles, spectacular views (photo ops!), a great 2.6 mile loop trail, and lots of shade. Dogs are allowed but must be on leash. A communal campfire will be provided as long as there is no Red Flag warning for the area.
- Campsite Captains! If you reserve a campsite and want to host a morning or evening workshop, meal, performance, etc. Let me know and we can discuss details! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.) The main event will be on Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 from 11:30am until 6:30pm. So you CAN just come for the day. But I highly recommend coming early and/or sticking around for the night/weekend. There will be many other more loosely scheduled activities including (but not limited to): a BBQ, Campfire (Weather permitting), a sing-a-long, other performances, a hike, a tequila tasting, and other workshops and activities. The great part about this event is that it is not JUST a concert, but an opportunity to build community and get to know everyone outside the typical show arena. Come be a part of it!
4.) PHOTOS! See some amazing photos of the location:
2.) Song Requests (top 3 or more). Each band will perform only 1 song during the tribute portion of the event. Rumours will be performed in album order on November 3rd around noonish. Songs off of Tusk may be accepted for other times during the day or weekend. And we may be persuaded to allow songs from other albums. Keep in mind that there will be LOTS of interest for the more popular songs – so maybe put at least 1 obscure song in your top requests.
8.) If you’ve attended an NSP event before, and if so, which one. (Priority is generally given to people who have attended past events). Bonus if you tell us why you liked it!
9.) A link to your website or facebook or whatever page you think best represents your band. Bonus if you send us a video of you playing live in the same format that you would play this show (acoustic, etc.)
– NSP is an alcohol-free, family-friendly event. We try our hardest to follow all of the rules of the parks. That being said, we will probably allow alcohol in the campground (to be determined later).
– NSP is generally ALL acoustic. We may make an exception for part of this event but all bands are expected to be able to play without any electricity.
– There is a short hike into the campground. I will have more info soon, but likely you won’t want to bring huge bulky items like an upright bass (unless you are an olympian).
– We can’t control nature. It may rain that day, or a fire may sweep through the area the week before, or a tree may fall blocking the access road. For whatever reason, they event may have to be postponed. If that happens, we’ll do our best to come up with a contingency plan and notify everyone and post signs, but please be understanding.
– We may not be able to accommodate everyone, but we certainly will try. We will let you know by September 12th (hopefully earlier so you can prepare) if you are selected, and for which song.
If you subscribe to our mailing list… check your email. You are the FIRST to know what this year’s album tribute will be!
If you’re not on our mailing list, you can sign up by just sending us an email to email@example.com with the word “Subscribe” in the subject line. The same works for unsubscribing (just put the word in the subject line), but we suspect you will never want/need to do that because we send so very few emails.
Don’t worry though – pretty soon it will all be general knowledge, so we’ll post something here too.
*** Cheryl Lindsey’s (from THE BREEDERS) band The Carrions were just added to the line-up on Saturday, April 14th (the Mentryville Music Fest). They go on at 11:15pm.
ALL DETAILS FOR THE FESTIVAL CAN BE FOUND AT THE OFFICIAL MENTRYVILLE MUSIC FEST WEBSITE.
VOLUNTEERS ARE STILL NEEDED. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.
And lastly…. see who’s going to the festival (and RSVP yourself, if you’d like) on FACEBOOK.
Hey All! We’re excited to announce the lineup for the Natural Stage Project – Season 5 Kick-off Festival at Mentryville Park! More info on the bands to be announced over the next couple of weeks.
So MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Saturday, April 14th, 2012
|Zach Lupetin & the Dustbowl Revival||11:45am|
|The Old Round||12:45pm|
|Many Distant Cities||3:45pm|
|Ladies of Old Hat||4:30pm|
|Jason and maybe Devin (of Mad Gregs)||7:30pm|
|Tommy Santee Klaws||8:15pm|
|Any and Everybody||9pm|
|Death to Anders||9:45pm|