The Natural Stage Project hosts a series of concerts in natural outdoor spaces around Los Angeles nicknamed “Hikes without Mics”. These concerts used to be held on the first Sunday of the month, but as our schedules have gotten a bit crazier, we are starting to host the shows on a more irregular basis. (Sign up on our mailing list to be in the know!). Locations vary but generally involve a mild 1-3 mile (roundtrip) hike to a “Natural Stage” where a concert occurs. Some concerts will include a mix of short folk, jazz, classical, experimental, etc. sets by various performers. Some concerts are organized around a theme: In the past, we’ve had Uketober Fest, NIRVember, Kids Day, April Fools Comedy, and many others…
- Wear your hiking boots or sneakers.
- Carpool! Some of the parks charge a parking fee per car (typically $5).
- Bring a picnic & LOTS of water (and please take note of the alcohol policy in the “information!” section).
- Bring an instrument if you’d like. We often start and/or end each show with a round robin set where straggler performers can play a song of their own, or join in on other’s songs.
- Take care of the land, someday you’ll be a part of it!
Other Acts Who Have Played NSP:
One Trick Pony, Mad Gregs, The Bowmans, Triple Chicken Foot, Leslie & the Badgers, Missincinatti, The Glass Beef (Charlyne Yi & Paul Rust), David “Gruber” Allen, Tommy Santee Klaws, Kate Micucci (of Garfunkel & Oates), the Ladies Auxiliary, Adam Arcuragi, Watercolor Paintings, the Dustbowl Revival, rob from Death to Anders, Dylan Trees, Madame Pamita, In Heaven & You, Great Job, Ukulady, Mista Cookie Jar, Homesick Elephant, Son Ark, Bunnies & Kitties, The Wilson Heights Gang, Kellen Yamanaka, Fort King, The History of Manners, and many others….