This Year’s Album Tribute will be RUMOURS by Fleetwood Mac! SAVE THE DATE: November 3rd, 2012
Feel free to forward to any potentially interested bands!
This year’s album tribute will be Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours and other classic Fleetwood Mac songs from albums such as Tusk. The main event will be on Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 around noon-ish, and we have blocked off space at Sage Ranch Park (in Conoga Park off the 118) for the entire weekend November 2-4. It will be a great weekend of camping, Fleetwood Mac tributes, and sets of original songs by our vibrant local music scene. It’s only 30-60 minutes from most spots in LA, so even though it feels like it’s in the middle of nowhere, it’s really not so far away.
Please email email@example.com
with the following information by Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 if you are interested in playing.
1.) Band Name
2.) Song Requests (top 3 or more). Each band will perform only 1 song during the tribute portion of the event. Rumours will be performed in album order on November 3rd around noonish. Songs off of Tusk may be accepted for other times during the day or weekend. And we may be persuaded to allow songs from other albums. Keep in mind that there will be LOTS of interest for the more popular songs – so maybe put at least 1 obscure song in your top requests.
3.) Whether you are interested in playing a full set (approximately 20-30 minutes) of your original songs at some point during the weekend. If so, what date(s) are you available (November 2, 3, and/or 4)?
4.) A description of how you intend to approach the song. (ie. What are going to do to make the song yours? What instruments will you use (if any)? Are you going to dress up or use any props (not mandatory by any means, just fun!)? etc.). A more interesting sounding approach will likely get picked over a generic cover…
5.) Do you intend to camp? One or both nights?
6.) Best contact info for your band (name and email and/or phone)
If your band has never played an NSP event, please also include:
7.) A brief description of your act
8.) If you’ve attended an NSP event before, and if so, which one. (Priority is generally given to people who have attended past events). Bonus if you tell us why you liked it!
9.) A link to your website or facebook or whatever page you think best represents your band. Bonus if you send us a video of you playing live in the same format that you would play this show (acoustic, etc.)
10.) Please let us know that you are OK with the information written at the bottom of this email about NSP.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you’d like to help out at the festival with some of the things listed below. Don’t worry – we won’t put you to work too hard or for too long. Even just volunteering for an hour or two would be super helpful! If you have any interest in touring the site, we will be going there on Sunday (8/19) afternoon. Email us if you want to join us!
– Graphic Designs for flyers/posters
– General planning
– Ideas for contacting other groups to collaborate (food trucks, art organizations, etc.)
– General greeters and information table folks
– Stage hands and managers / Sound guys
– People to carry and/or bring stuff
INFO ABOUT THE NATURAL STAGE PROJECT:
– NSP is just for FUN. No $$$ is exchanged. It’s free to the public, and all bands are offering to play for free. Although the event itself is free, there is a $5 parking fee at the trailhead (incentive to carpool!). Also, I believe camp sites will be $12/day. I will verify that. Campsites will need to be reserved through us prior to the event. It will be first come first serve.
– NSP is an alcohol-free, family-friendly event. We try our hardest to follow all of the rules of the parks. That being said, we will probably allow alcohol in the campground (to be determined later).
– NSP is generally ALL acoustic. We may make an exception for part of this event but all bands are expected to be able to play without any electricity.
– There is a short hike into the campground. I will have more info soon, but likely you won’t want to bring huge bulky items like an upright bass (unless you are an olympian).
- We can’t control nature. It may rain that day, or a fire may sweep through the area the week before, or a tree may fall blocking the access road. For whatever reason, they event may have to be postponed. If that happens, we’ll do our best to come up with a contingency plan and notify everyone and post signs, but please be understanding.
– We may not be able to accommodate everyone, but we certainly will try. We will let you know by September 12th (hopefully earlier so you can prepare) if you are selected, and for which song.